I sure hope you are having a great day.
- I have about 15 cards in progress.
- I am doing laundry.
- Today we start back to school. Though we did a half-day because it was a catch-up day.
- I am finally writing January's meal plan. I am going to participate in the Pantry Challenge over at Good Cheap Eats. She does it twice/year and our pantry/freezer are stuffed. So other than produce/dairy... we are eating from our stock. I love that.
- I'm doing calendar/schedule stuff.
- Marque and I have started Financial Peace University... For anyone local, there are tons of classes being offered. Last night was our first class. So much of what he says makes sense. And although we have cut back a lot, neither of us knows how to save and invest. If you go to either of these sites, you will find info about the classes:
- Dave Ramsey - click on Classes and put in your zip code
- Northwest Baptist Church - click on Financial Peace University and it will take you to registration
- Christopher is about to start homeschool Karate (teacher is a black belt and a Christian man). Soccer soon, then baseball. Our co-op ended and is not happening this Winter/Spring semester... so we need to stay busy and make some field trips on our own.
I remember a couple years ago, this blog post by Thrifty Décor Chick (I honestly do not know her first name but I love her blog). Anyway - she writes several times about Dave Ramsey and what this class did for her... They paid off $125,000 in three years... with kiddos, etc... I mean - THEY DID IT! And I have to believe we can too. Anyway - it is time to do some real learning and saving... Wish us luck. Pray for us if you are a prayer warrior.
We've so enjoyed our time off. But this mama is ready for things to normalize. Funny me?! No such thing as Normal. lol
I'll be back soon. I am going to try to blog more often.
Love, hugs & blessings to you...